Tuesday 25 June 2013

All about the Sun.

Early this morning I was getting myself a glass of water from the kitchen.

I looked out the window, and suspended in the morning mist was one of the most beautiful sunrises that I've seen in a very long time.

This photo doesn't do it justice...  the Sun was a glorious shade of orange.

Pembrokeshire excelled herself this morning.


It looked as if the sun was caught on the nearby electrical power lines.

Here's a close up:




I was hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of active regions 1777 or 1775,  but nothing was seen.


Later in the day, I managed the following Solar picture:

                                   

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...