Tuesday, 25 June 2013

All about the Sun........

Early this morning I was getting myself a glass of water from the kitchen.



I looked out the window, and suspended in the morning mist was one of the most beautiful sunrises that I've seen in a very long time.



This photo doesn't do it justice.......  the Sun was a glorious shade of orange....



Pembrokeshire excelled herself this morning.....







It looked as if the sun was caught on the nearby electrical power lines....



Here's a close up....









I was hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of active regions 1777 or 1775,  but nothing was seen..




Taken with the help of Tal1, later in the day, I managed the following Solar picture .... 











I've yet to see the Noctilucent Clouds this year, I haven't seen a good NLC display since July 2009.



The Moon has lately been hiding in the trees at the end of the garden.



Plus the light nights have cut back my night time observing..



June and July are indeed ... All about the Sun....



Though I have no complaints about that......  :0)



Clear Solar Skies



Mark


Nearby.. a lone dog howls..

The Full Mackerel Moon will be upon us on Monday,  nearby I can hear a dog practicing its lunar howling! Up above, the slow moving clouds...