Tuesday 28 February 2023

When the east wind blows.


The last day of February was cold and mostly clouded out; the biting wind from the East was letting us know who was the boss!

Had to be quick to make the most of the solar viewing window. Luck was on my side and I managed to capture the above shot.

These past few days my thoughts have been directed to the unseen astronomy of the Sun, in particular the radio waves and magnetic fields that the Sun produces.  

Time to get back into the science books.

As an amateur radio operator I'm confident I will be able to set up a solar radio listening station, albeit a small one. It should add a further colour to my solar astronomy palette.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...