Monday 27 February 2023

Sol - 27/02/23 - The Aurora is lurking.

Today I managed a quick observe, unfortunately the blue sky didn't last long, maybe ten minutes. 

Then it was back to the Pembrokeshire grey.

It's been a good month for Hydrogen alpha solar observing. 

Next month I might invest sometime drawing white light observations to compliment the Ha images.

There was a sizeable aurora display last night, typically I knew nothing about it until this morning!!

Will have to keep a look out for the K- index, which at the moment is at 7 on the scale. 

Maybe tonight I will be lucky enough to glimpse an aurora show, if so it will be the first decent one I would have witnessed since June of 1990!

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...