Tuesday 25 October 2022

Today's Partial Solar Eclipse.



Daybreak this morning the weather looked cold and eclipse miserable, it looked as if I might miss out on today's Sun and Moon waltz. 

My village and the  surrounding area is renowned for more than its fair share of cloud cover and rain. 

Its a pretty good bet that, if its raining in our back garden it will be dry and blue sky nine miles down the road in Cardigan.

So with telescope in suitcase we headed northwards to Cardigan town.

I had packed the telescope, two eyepieces and tripod. The Samsung S6 was to be my imaging device.

Spode's Law was in action, and as we arrived in Cardigan, the clouds rolled in to greet us.

No matter, soon we parked, and set up the telescope.

We were in luck, within five minutes the clouds parted and the eclipse was upon us. 



One thing I hadn't accounted for was the frequent rain showers. 

I could see the Sun above, but had to wait for the showers to stop before I could properly take out the telescope.

Eventually patience paid off and several photos were taken of the eclipse.

Initially I was going to image with a mylar filter on my refractor, but the little Ha telescope did a great job, and it managed to capture a couple of prominences.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...