Monday, 8 July 2013

Straw hats and Sol Sketching... July 8th 2013



The skies are blue in Pembrokeshire...... the Sun and I have definitely got our hats on today... !

One of the advantages of working from home is that I can always spare a bit of time to grab a solar image.  

This morning I managed the following Sol image...


Due to the air turbulence I had difficulty capturing a decent close up of AR1785.

I decided that as AR1785 was such a beauty I would try and attempt a sketch...


The initial sketch doesn't really show the turbulence I was witnessing, so Photoshop came to the rescue and  I was able to create an image more in keeping with the eyepiece view...


Clear Sol Skies

Mark....  :0)

No comments:

Nearby.. a lone dog howls..

The Full Mackerel Moon will be upon us on Monday,  nearby I can hear a dog practicing its lunar howling! Up above, the slow moving clouds...