Tuesday 3 January 2023

The Moon Maiden Sings to the Wren.

A tiny wren has taken up residence in our garden, she dances and flits through the undergrowth. Every day we spot her searching for food.

She finds food most definitely! only yesterday she was seen bashing the living daylights out of very large grub/caterpillar. 

After the bashing and much pecking the grub was quickly swallowed whole... 

Such is Nature.

A size to ratio equivalent I guess would be me eating a whole chicken in one gulp! 

Last night the Moon was peeping at me from above some nearby rooftops, en passant, the woodsmoke from a nearby chimney was wafting and coiling about our garden, a beautiful smell to complement the cold winter night.

Out came the Newtonian, and very soon the Moon was within my grasp.

Straight away I could see the old familiar Moon Maiden, lounging sleepily on the nearby terminator.

Craters Helicon and Le Verrier stood out well, and the Mons Pico was bright, I'm looking forward to see the various Mons Pico shadows over the waning phase.

Mars was close to the Moon and I did manage to see some surface detail, though not enough to accurately make a sketch. 

Hopefully I'll catch a few sketches before Barsoom once again sails away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...