Saturday 30 April 2022

Moonbow over Aberporth.


Moonbow Haiku

I've only ever seen a Moonbow once, it was an unforgettable sight. I was walking down to the beach in Aberporth, the year was 1988, I forget the month. 

The village was quiet, no one else around, which probably means it was outside of the holiday season, and still fairly warm, I guess around the end of September. 

The Moon had not long risen and the darkened sky had just a few scattered clouds. 

And there it was, a magnificent arc of light spanning the village, a rainbow, or more precisely a Moonbow. 

It had none of the colours we normally see, only a white glow with hints of darker/lighter graduation in place of the individual rainbow colours. 

It was fascinating, I realised it was a rare event, so I simply stood in the middle of the road and observed for as long as possible. 

Sadly it was all over in what felt like a minute or so. 

Wow.. that was nearly 34 years ago! .. I wonder if I'll ever see the like again?

Aberporth Church ~ Jupiter in attendance

No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...