Sunday 17 April 2016

Warming by the fire.

Jupiter and the Moon 17/04/16

I was feeling the cold tonight, so I decided to light the fire and grab myself some dandelion coffee.  

Observing Luna would have to wait another night.

Though I didn't entirely abandon the Moon.

Before packing away the telescope I captured a few images of beautiful gibbous Selene.


17/04/2016


The above image is a bit blurred at the edges, this is due to the method of photo capture that I use. namely afocal photography.

Best described with this photo:

afocal photography



Afocal photography is a brilliant way of capturing astro images, all you have to do is simply place the camera lens over the eyepiece of the telescope. 

Though sometimes it can be a bit hit and miss. Tonight's lunar image was a bit miss around the lunar limb. 
Blame it on camera shake from cold hands.
 
















As I was packing away the telescope ominous dark clouds to the west were gathering and slowly rolling in for the night.





Maybe sitting by the warming fire isn't such a bad idea.


Warm fingers crossed for more clear skies in the week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...