Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Mare Nectaris in a cloudy Sky.


Early this evening the clouds cleared long enough for me to capture a few images of Selene.

I'm still working my way around using my C8 Celestron as an imaging platform. 

The above lunar picture is my first attempt at astro imaging with a Schmidt Cassegrain telescope.

Trying to focus the DSLR in conjunction with the C8 can be a bit of a pain, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

With any luck later this evening I hope to try imaging something outside of our Galaxy...!!!!!

"Imaging something outside of our Galaxy"....!!!!! not that many years ago such a sentence would have been considered pure science fiction.....!!!!

Fingers crossed for a clear evening 

Mark



No comments:

Nearby.. a lone dog howls..

The Full Mackerel Moon will be upon us on Monday,  nearby I can hear a dog practicing its lunar howling! Up above, the slow moving clouds...