Solar eclipse and Cornflakes.
Above us the autumn hinting blue sky was heavily tinted with that burning hot summer chrome, sharp and shining out of every earthly reflection.
It was way too hot, the air was still and there was no shade.
The Sun needed a parasol... the Moon was soon to oblige!
Today's solar eclipse was about to commence.
Earlier in the day I had set up the little red telescope, hooked up my smartphone adapter and prepared all the phone camera settings for optimum "sit-on-a-deck-chair" eclipse viewing.
The first contact occurred at 18h16m BST.
For the next two hours Helen and I sat enthralled.
The temperature within the first hour fell noticeably, the scorching heat was no more.
The Moon parasol was working well.
The event went by without a hitch.
I got to sit on my deck-chair for most of it, eating cornflakes with ice cold milk, whilst enjoying every second of that most perfect Sun/Moon dance.

Comments
Post a Comment