Sunday 22 August 2021

Sol imaging: 22nd August 2021

 

  

 16h 15m UT -40mm PST/Samsung S6

 

I've not seen old Sol for going on nearly a week!  Lots of slow moving clouds had put pay to any observations.

This afternoon the blue skies prevailed and I was able to capture a few images.

 

I wanted to give an impression of the full solar disc and also capture the several small prominences that were visible.  

After a bit of fiddling with an image I settled on the picture you see here. 

 


 

Not the best image; that is obvious, but it does clearly show several of the prominences and their positions.

 

The white dots seen on the surface are some processing artefacts I couldn't delete.   

The program used to process the images is GIMP 2.8


Imaging and photo processing does not come easy to me, I would prefer pencil and paper, but today I thought I would try my hand at a bit of digital photo editing.  

Here's the final Ha Sol image capture:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The French Scorpion.

Last night we camped in the village of Sereilhac, some maybe 20 miles south west of Limoges. The temperature all day hovered around 30°C !  ...